Área de título y declaración de responsabilidad
Abernethy Presbytery fonds
Tipo general de material
- Textual record
Otra información de título
Título declaración de responsabilidad
- Variations in title: Previously identified as Abernethy Presbytery sub-series (A.381.XI.D.1).
Nivel de descripción
Código de referencia
Área de edición
Declaración de edición
Declaración de responsabilidad de edición
Área de detalles específicos de la clase de material
Mención de la escala (cartográfica)
Mención de proyección (cartográfica)
Mención de coordenadas (cartográfica)
Mención de la escala (arquitectónica)
Jurisdicción de emisión y denominación (filatélico)
Área de fechas de creación
- United Church of Canada Abernethy-Yorkton Presbytery
- United Church of Canada Abernethy Presbytery
- Presbyterian Church in Canada Abernethy Presbytery
Área de descripción física
13.5 cm of textual records
Área de series editoriales
Título apropiado de las series del editor
Títulos paralelos de serie editorial
Otra información de título de las series editoriales
Declaración de responsabilidad relativa a las series editoriales
Numeración dentro de la serie editorial
Nota en las series editoriales
Área de descripción del archivo
Nombre del productor
Nombre del productor
Abernethy Presbytery was one of the original 16 presbyteries established by the first General Council of the United Church of Canada (June 1925), to be part of the new Saskatchewan Conference. Initial boundaries were based on the previous Abernethy Presbytery, which had been part of the Presbyterian Synod of Saskatchewan.
In 1953, the pastoral charges in Abernethy Presbytery were divided and moved to other presbyteries: Nokomis Pastoral Charge was added to Saskatoon Presbytery; other charges located west of Highway 35 were reassigned to Regina Presbytery; and the charges east of Highway 35 were moved to Yorkton Presbytery, which was re-named Abernethy-Yorkton Presbytery.
Nombre del productor
Abernethy-Yorkton Presbytery was created in 1953, through the merging of Yorkton Presbytery and part of Abernethy Presbytery (east of Highway 35). In 1956, Abernethy-Yorkton amalgamated with Kamsack Presbytery and the resulting body returned to the earlier name, Yorkton Presbytery.
Historial de custodia
Most records in the fonds were likely transferred to the archives between 1925 and 1986. Their original provenance is unclear, though administrative and committee records may have come directly from presbytery secretaries, committee members, delegates or other associated individuals.
From 1925 through to 1982, the official repository for Conference, Presbytery and local records of the United Church in Saskatchewan was at St. Andrew’s College (Saskatoon). In 1982, the Conference signed an agreement to house their records with the Saskatchewan Archives Board (later Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan), while still retaining ownership and management responsibilities. The collections were gradually relocated and continue to be stored with the Provincial Archives, to the present day.
Alcance y contenido
The fonds consists of textual materials generated by the Presbytery, its secretaries, committees and related bodies, in fulfillment of their responsibilities, as outlined in the Manual of the United Church of Canada.
Contents include meeting minutes (1922-1953), correspondence and a history of the presbytery, as well as documents relating to the Abernethy West End Ministerial Association.
Área de notas
Origen del ingreso
Original order for many of these records is unclear. Items listed under A.381.XI.D.1, were arranged sometime before 1990.
Idioma del material
Escritura del material
Ubicación de los originales
Disponibilidad de otros formatos
Microfilm copy of some records available for viewing at the Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan (microfilm reference number R.10).
Restricciones de acceso
Some records may be restricted, to protect personal information.
Condiciones de uso, reproducción, y publicación
Use, publication, and/or reproduction of records are subject to the conditions of the Copyright Act. Please consult archivist for assistance.
Instrumentos de descripción
GS-168 includes original file and series listings, in sections XI.D.1 and A.923.SA.2097. Additional microfilm contents listed in finding aid IR-12.
Uploaded finding aid
Digital copies of select documents are also held by the National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation (NCTR), in Winnipeg, Manitoba.