Fundo FD 1 - Abernethy Presbytery fonds

Zona do título e menção de responsabilidade

Título próprio

Abernethy Presbytery fonds

Designação geral do material

  • Documento textual

Título paralelo

Outra informação do título

Título e menções de responsabilidade

Notas ao título

  • Variations in title: Previously identified as Abernethy Presbytery sub-series (A.381.XI.D.1).

Nível de descrição

Fundo

Código de referência

FD 1

Zona de edição

Menção de edição

Menção de responsabilidade da edição

Zona de detalhes específicos de materiais

Menção da escala (cartográfica)

Menção da projecção (cartográfica)

Menção das coordenadas (cartográfico)

Menção da escala (arquitectura)

Autoridade emissora e denominação (filatélica)

Zona de datas de criação

Data(s)

  • 1953–1956 (Produção)
    Produção
    United Church of Canada Abernethy-Yorkton Presbytery
  • 1925–1953 (Produção)
    Produção
    United Church of Canada Abernethy Presbytery
  • 1922–1925 (Produção)
    Produção
    Presbyterian Church in Canada Abernethy Presbytery

Zona de descrição física

Descrição física

13.5 cm of textual records

Zona dos editores das publicações

Título próprio do recurso continuado

Títulos paralelos das publicações do editor

Outra informação do título das publicações do editor

Menção de responsabilidade relativa ao editor do recurso contínuo

Numeração das publicações do editor

Nota sobre as publicações do editor

Zona da descrição do arquivo

Nome do produtor

(ca.1908–1925)

História administrativa

Nome do produtor

(1925–1953)

História administrativa

Abernethy Presbytery was one of the original 16 presbyteries established by the first General Council of the United Church of Canada (June 1925), to be part of the new Saskatchewan Conference. Initial boundaries were based on the previous Abernethy Presbytery, which had been part of the Presbyterian Synod of Saskatchewan.

In 1953, the pastoral charges in Abernethy Presbytery were divided and moved to other presbyteries: Nokomis Pastoral Charge was added to Saskatoon Presbytery; other charges located west of Highway 35 were reassigned to Regina Presbytery; and the charges east of Highway 35 were moved to Yorkton Presbytery, which was re-named Abernethy-Yorkton Presbytery.

Nome do produtor

(1953–1956)

História administrativa

Abernethy-Yorkton Presbytery was created in 1953, through the merging of Yorkton Presbytery and part of Abernethy Presbytery (east of Highway 35). In 1956, Abernethy-Yorkton amalgamated with Kamsack Presbytery and the resulting body returned to the earlier name, Yorkton Presbytery.

História custodial

Most records in the fonds were likely transferred to the archives between 1925 and 1986. Their original provenance is unclear, though administrative and committee records may have come directly from presbytery secretaries, committee members, delegates or other associated individuals.

From 1925 through to 1982, the official repository for Conference, Presbytery and local records of the United Church in Saskatchewan was at St. Andrew’s College (Saskatoon). In 1982, the Conference signed an agreement to house their records with the Saskatchewan Archives Board (later Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan), while still retaining ownership and management responsibilities. The collections were gradually relocated and continue to be stored with the Provincial Archives, to the present day.

Âmbito e conteúdo

The fonds consists of textual materials generated by the Presbytery, its secretaries, committees and related bodies, in fulfillment of their responsibilities, as outlined in the Manual of the United Church of Canada.

Contents include meeting minutes (1922-1953), correspondence and a history of the presbytery, as well as documents relating to the Abernethy West End Ministerial Association.

Zona das notas

Condição física

Fonte imediata de aquisição

Organização

Original order for many of these records is unclear. Items listed under A.381.XI.D.1, were arranged sometime before 1990.

Idioma do material

  • inglês

Script do material

  • latim

Localização de originais

Disponibilidade de outros formatos

Microfilm copy of some records available for viewing at the Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan (microfilm reference number R.10).

Restrições de acesso

Some records may be restricted, to protect personal information.

Termos que regulam o uso, reprodução e publicação

Use, publication, and/or reproduction of records are subject to the conditions of the Copyright Act. Please consult archivist for assistance.

Instrumentos de descrição

GS-168 includes original file and series listings, in sections XI.D.1 and A.923.SA.2097. Additional microfilm contents listed in finding aid IR-12.

Instrumento de pesquisa transferido

Materiais associados

Digital copies of select documents are also held by the National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation (NCTR), in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Ingressos adicionais

Identificador(es) alternativo(s)

Zona do número normalizado

Número normalizado

Pontos de acesso

Pontos de acesso - Assuntos

Pontos de acesso - Locais

Pontos de acesso de género

Zona do controlo

Zona da incorporação

Assuntos relacionados

Locais relacionados

Géneros relacionados