8 Archival description results for Abernethy (Sask.)
8 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
- FD 01
The fonds consists of textual materials generated by the Presbytery, its secretaries, committees and related bodies, in fulfillment of their responsibilities, as outlined in the Manual of the United Church of Canada.
Contents include meeting minutes (1922-1953), correspondence and a history, "Early history of religious services in the Abernethy
Presbytery" (2 pages, no date indicated).
Presbyterian Church in Canada Abernethy Presbytery
- FE 11
The fonds consists of 2 bound volumes of minutes (1941-1946, 1967-1950) from meetings of the Abernethy West End Ministerial Association. The latter is a type of ecumenical organization intended to bring together ministers of various denominations and congregations within a defined geographical area. Participants identified in the minutes include Rev. F. Passmore, R.R.W. McGregor and Mrs. McGregor, J. and Mrs. Wilkinson, J. and Mrs. Moorland, R.L. and Mrs. Hardwick, Rev. M.B. and Mrs. Banting, J. and Mrs. Bright, and Rev. T.M. and Mrs. Beveridge.
Abernethy West End Ministerial Association
- FL 003
The fonds consists of textual materials generated by Abernethy Pastoral Charge, Lemberg Pastoral Charge, Abernethy-Lemberg Pastoral Charge, as well as predecessors, successors (including Pheasant Creek Larger Parish) and constituent churches – their boards, committees and related bodies, and local women’s units.
Contents include: minutes of church boards, councils, trustees, stewards, and congregational meetings; minutes and other records from local Ladies Aid Societies, Women’s Missionary Societies (W.M.S.), Woman’s Association (W.A.), and United Church Women (U.C.W.) groups; Sunday School records; membership records; some financial records and annual reports; church record books and registers documenting baptisms, marriages and burials in Abernethy, Adanac, Swarthmore, Langemark, Lemberg, Rosewood, Kenlis, Neudorf, and nearby area(s).
Abernethy Pastoral Charge
Part of Book Collection
Large hard-cover history book with a green cover. The book contains the history of Abernethy and area as well as black and white images and maps.
- FW 06
The fonds consists of records created by the Saskatchewan Synod branch of the Presbyterian W.M.S., its treasurers and members, as well as records from various Presbyterial W.M.S. groups.
Contents include: branch meeting minutes (1924-1926); treasurer’s accounts (1914-1926); membership records of Junior and Life members; annual meeting programs (1915-1925); and a collection of materials assembled by Mary S. Scott McKechnie, the first president of the [Saskatchewan] Provincial W.M.S. and of Qu’Appelle Presbytery W.M.S. The materials collected by McKechnie include: Presidential Addresses and Annual Reports of the Saskatchewan Presbyterian W.M.S. (1915-1924); history of Presbyterian W.M.S., for Diamond Jubilee (ca.1924); W.M.S. annual meeting programs (1916-1925); Qu’Appelle Presbyterial W.M.S. annual reports (1907-1926); and copies of newsletters “Echo” (Qu’Appelle) and “Progress” (from the Regina Industrial School), along with photographs of pupils at File Hills school (1925), Round Lake School (no date), and Cote Day School (no date).
The collection also includes meeting minutes from W.M.S. Presbyterial groups from Abernethy, Alameda, Prince Albert, Qu’Appelle, and Saskatoon.
Presbyterian Woman’s Missionary Society, Synod of Saskatchewan