The 1856 Moose Jaw Schools Cadet Corps fonds was founded on January 9, 1942. They were first affiliated with the second regiment of the King’s Rifles of Canada, and then in 1943 the second battalion of the King’s Rifles of Canada. In 1955, they became affiliated with the 20th Saskatchewan Armoured Regiment, and the Saskatchewan Dragoons. Their first commanding officer was Don Cameron.
They meet at the D.V. Currie VC Armoury in Moose Jaw. Their current commanding officer has been C/CWO R Jones since 2011.