Showing 18 results

Names
Regina (Sask.)

Regina Carmichael Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0243
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–1995

Regina Carmichael Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, containing the Carmichael United Church preaching point. The church had been originally formed (in 1925) by congregations at the former Wesley Methodist Church and Carmichael Presbyterian Church, named after a former Presbyterian Superintendent of Missions, Dr. James Carmichael. The charge closed June 30, 1995.

Regina Chalmers Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0244
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–1994

Regina Chalmers Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, from what had previously been a Presbyterian field. It eventually closed, as of June 30, 1994.

Regina Eastside Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0323
  • Corporate body
  • 1987–

Regina Eastside Pastoral Charge was created as Prince of Peace Pastoral Charge (from the main preaching point), a new church development, on September 6, 1987. On January 1, 1998, the charge was renamed Eastside Pastoral Charge.

Regina Heritage Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0262
  • Corporate body
  • 1984–

Regina Heritage Pastoral Charge was established January 1, 1984, from a preaching point previously part of Regina St. James Pastoral Charge.

Regina Knox Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0245
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–1951

Regina Knox Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, containing the preaching point Knox United Church, formerly Knox Presbyterian Church. The previous Presbyterian congregation dated back to around 1882. It built a church in 1885, at the corner of Scarth Street and 11th Avenue, and a later replacement in 1905.

In 1951, Knox United Church amalgamated with Metropolitan United Church, to become Knox-Metropolitan United Church (and Pastoral Charge), located on the site of the former Metropolitan United Church, at the corner of Victoria Avenue and Lorne Street.

Regina Knox-Metropolitan Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0247
  • Corporate body
  • 1951–

Knox-Metropolitan Pastoral Charge was formed after the Knox and Metropolitan United Church congregations amalgamated to form Knox-Metropolitan United Church, on the site of the (former) Metropolitan United Church, at the corner of Victoria Avenue and Lorne Street.

Regina Metropolitan Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0246
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–1951

Regina Metropolitan Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, containing the preaching point Metropolitan United Church, formerly Metropolitan Methodist Church.

In 1951, Knox United Church amalgamated with Metropolitan United Church, to become Knox-Metropolitan United Church (and Pastoral Charge), located on the site of the former Metropolitan United Church, at the corner of Victoria Avenue and Lorne Street.

Regina Rosemont Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0248
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–2012

Regina Rosemont Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, from what had previously been a Methodist field. On September 30, 2012, the Pastoral Charge closed.

Regina St. Andrew's Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0261
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–2014

Regina St. Andrew's Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, from what had previously been a Presbyterian field. On June 30, 2014, the church was closed and the congregation amalgamated with Knox-Metropolitan.

Regina St. James Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0131
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–

Regina St. James Pastoral Charge was formed as the new United Church Regina North charge in 1925, from what had previously been the Presbyterian North Regina Condie Mission Field.

Regina St. John's Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0325
  • Corporate body
  • ca.1954–1999

Regina St. John's Pastoral Charge was formed around 1954, part of Regina Presbytery and containing the new St. John's United Church, built at McTavish Street and Fourth Avenue, Regina. The decision to have a new building had resulted from a presbytery Church Extension Committee survey (ca.1951) that determined the district of the city required facilities not available at the existing Sixth Street United Church. The first service in the new St. John's United Church was held November 14, 1954. The pastoral charge closed June 30, 1999.

Regina Wascana Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0260
  • Corporate body
  • 195?–1996

Regina Wascana Pastoral Charge was formed in the mid-1950s. Later preaching points included Sherwood, until it closed June 30, 1990. The charge closed September 30, 1996.

Results 1 to 15 of 18