Showing 4 results

Names
Abernethy (Sask.)

Abernethy Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0402
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–ca.1959

Abernethy Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, containing preaching points at Abernethy, Kenlis, Chickney, and Gillespie. Around 1959, it joined with Lemberg to become Abernethy-Lemberg Pastoral Charge. (The new charge would become part of Pheasant Creek Larger Parish ca.1969-1989, before re-emerging.)

Abernethy-Lemberg Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0430
  • Corporate body
  • ca.1959–1969?, 1989–

Abernethy-Lemberg Pastoral Charge (a.k.a. Lemberg-Abernethy Pastoral Charge) was created around 1959, from a combination of Abernethy Pastoral Charge and Lemberg Pastoral Charge. It was combined with Balcarres-Pheasant Forks Pastoral Charge ca.1969, to create Pheasant Creek Larger Parish. In 1989, the Parish split into Abernethy-Lemberg, Balcarres, and Duff Pastoral Charges.

Pheasant Creek Larger Parish

  • SCAA-UCCS-0123
  • Corporate body
  • ca.1969–1989

Pheasant Creek Larger Parish was a pastoral charge created around 1969, from an amalgamation of Abernethy-Lemberg Pastoral Charge (with Abernethy, Lemberg and Neudorf points), Balcarres-Pheasant Forks Pastoral Charge (with Balcarres, Duff and Lorlie points) and File Hills "Indian" Pastoral Charge. Around 1980, File Hills separated to re-establish itself as a separate charge.

As of July 1, 1989, the charge was split into Abernethy-Lemberg, Balcarres, and Duff Pastoral Charges.