United Church of Canada Abernethy Presbytery
- Corporate body
Abernethy Presbytery was one of the original 16 presbyteries established by the first General Council of the United Church of Canada (June 1925), to be part of the new Saskatchewan Conference. Initial boundaries were based on the previous Abernethy Presbytery, which had been part of the Presbyterian Synod of Saskatchewan.
In 1953, the pastoral charges in Abernethy Presbytery were divided and moved to other presbyteries: Nokomis Pastoral Charge was added to Saskatoon Presbytery; other charges located west of Highway 35 were reassigned to Regina Presbytery; and the charges east of Highway 35 were moved to Yorkton Presbytery, which was re-named Abernethy-Yorkton Presbytery.