Showing 4 results

Names
Balcarres (Sask.)

Balcarres Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0201
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–1969?, 1989–

Balcarres Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, including points at Wrights and Saltoun. By the 1960s, Wrights and Saltoun were no longer noted but points at Duff and Lorie had been incorporated, under the name Balcarres-Pheasant Forks Pastoral Charge.

File Hills Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0165
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–1969?, ca.1980–

File Hills Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, as the File Hills Colony Mission Field, part of the Abernethy Presbytery. It primarily consists of the File Hills (Wanakepew) preaching place, near Kamsack, Saskatchewan. From about 1969 to 1979/1980, File Hills was part of Pheasant Creek Larger Parish, before being re-established as a separate charge.

In 1984, File Hills Pastoral Charge joined the new Plains Presbytery, which became part of the All Native Circle Conference when it was formed, in 1989.

Pheasant Creek Larger Parish

  • SCAA-UCCS-0123
  • Corporate body
  • ca.1969–1989

Pheasant Creek Larger Parish was a pastoral charge created around 1969, from an amalgamation of Abernethy-Lemberg Pastoral Charge (with Abernethy, Lemberg and Neudorf points), Balcarres-Pheasant Forks Pastoral Charge (with Balcarres, Duff and Lorlie points) and File Hills "Indian" Pastoral Charge. Around 1980, File Hills separated to re-establish itself as a separate charge.

As of July 1, 1989, the charge was split into Abernethy-Lemberg, Balcarres, and Duff Pastoral Charges.