Showing 3 results

Names
Duff (Sask.)

Balcarres Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0201
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–1969?, 1989–

Balcarres Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, including points at Wrights and Saltoun. By the 1960s, Wrights and Saltoun were no longer noted but points at Duff and Lorie had been incorporated, under the name Balcarres-Pheasant Forks Pastoral Charge.

Duff Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0490
  • Corporate body
  • 1989–2007

Duff Pastoral Charge was created July 1, 1989, from the division of Pheasant Creek Larger Parish (which also created Abernethy-Lemberg and Balcarres Pastoral Charges). Prior to this, the preaching point at Duff had been included in Balcarres Pastoral Charge (ca.1960s). Duff Pastoral Charge was officially closed June 30, 2007.

Pheasant Creek Larger Parish

  • SCAA-UCCS-0123
  • Corporate body
  • ca.1969–1989

Pheasant Creek Larger Parish was a pastoral charge created around 1969, from an amalgamation of Abernethy-Lemberg Pastoral Charge (with Abernethy, Lemberg and Neudorf points), Balcarres-Pheasant Forks Pastoral Charge (with Balcarres, Duff and Lorlie points) and File Hills "Indian" Pastoral Charge. Around 1980, File Hills separated to re-establish itself as a separate charge.

As of July 1, 1989, the charge was split into Abernethy-Lemberg, Balcarres, and Duff Pastoral Charges.