Showing 476 results

Names
United Church of Canada Living Skies Region Archives

Abbey Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0232
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–1957, ca.1970–1972

Abbey Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, part of Swift Current Presbytery and containing preaching points at Abbey, Shackleton and Badger Mound. Later additions included preaching points at Lancer and Roe (before 1951), Portreeve and Lemsford.

In 1957, the charge combined with Leader Pastoral Charge (including Leader, Sceptre and Prelate) to form Leader-Sceptre-Abbey Pastoral Charge. Sometime near 1970, Abbey United Church separated, forming Abbey-Trinity Pastoral Charge. Around 1972, Lancer and Portreeve joined with Abbey to become Abbey-Lancer-Portreeve Pastoral Charge.

Abbey-Lancer-Portreeve Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0231
  • Corporate body
  • ca.1972–

Abbey-Lancer-Portreeve Pastoral Charge was formed around 1972, from the combination of Abbey-Trinity Pastoral Charge with the preaching points at Lancer and Portreeve (previously part of Leader-Sceptre Pastoral Charge).

Aberdeen Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0401
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–197?, 1994–2008

Aberdeen Pastoral Charge, originally Vonda Pastoral Charge, was created as a United Church charge in 1925, part of Saskatoon Presbytery and consisting of preaching points at Vonda and Aberdeen. By 1940, the name had changed to Aberdeen Pastoral Charge. Sometime around the 1970s, the charge joined Rosthern (St. Andrew's) and Wakaw to create Tri-Pastoral Charge. On July 1, 1994, TRI Pastoral Charge was dissolved and Aberdeen Pastoral Charge re-emerged. The charge was officially closed April 20, 2008.

Abernethy Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0402
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–ca.1959

Abernethy Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, containing preaching points at Abernethy, Kenlis, Chickney, and Gillespie. Around 1959, it joined with Lemberg to become Abernethy-Lemberg Pastoral Charge. (The new charge would become part of Pheasant Creek Larger Parish ca.1969-1989, before re-emerging.)

Abernethy-Lemberg Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0430
  • Corporate body
  • ca.1959–1969?, 1989–

Abernethy-Lemberg Pastoral Charge (a.k.a. Lemberg-Abernethy Pastoral Charge) was created around 1959, from a combination of Abernethy Pastoral Charge and Lemberg Pastoral Charge. It was combined with Balcarres-Pheasant Forks Pastoral Charge ca.1969, to create Pheasant Creek Larger Parish. In 1989, the Parish split into Abernethy-Lemberg, Balcarres, and Duff Pastoral Charges.

Admiral Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0404
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–19??, 1990–2016

Admiral Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, containing preaching points at North Admiral and Scotsguard. Sometime after this, the charge was closed and, by 1951, Admiral was listed as a preaching point in Cadillac Pastoral Charge (Shaunavon Presybtery), alongside Crichton and Sherman. By 1962, Admiral was a preaching point in Simmie Pastoral Charge (Cypress Hills Presbytery) and by 1964 it had returned to Cadillac Pastoral Charge (Cypress Hills Presbytery).

Admiral Pastoral Charge was re-established again January 1, 1990. It officially closed (again) February 27, 2016.

Alameda Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0405
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–

Alameda Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, containing preaching points at Alameda, Douglaston and Dalesboro. In the 1950s, Alameda amalgamated with Frobisher to form Alameda-Frobisher Pastoral Charge, consisting of preaching points at Alameda, Dalesborough, Frobisher, and Out-of-Sight. After the closure of the Frobisher preaching point, the charge returned to the name Alameda Pastoral Charge, August 29, 2007.

Alsask Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0403
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–19??, 2012–2018

Alsask Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, containing preaching points at Alsask, Lloyd George, Sibbald, and Highland Park. By 1951, Alsask was part of Alsask-Flaxcombe Pastoral Charge, alongside preaching points at Flaxcombe, Hoosier, and Marengo. The charge was eventually dissolved, sometime before 1960, and by 1962, Alsask was a listed preaching point for Marengo Pastoral Charge.

On July 1, 2012, Alsask Pastoral Charge was (re)organized, from what had been Marengo Pastoral Charge. It was dissolved (again), January 1, 2018.

Aneroid Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0431
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–1995

Aneroid Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, containing preaching points at Aneroid, Kincaid (Glencaid), and Ponteix. The charge amalgamated with Cadillac-Neville-Vanguard Pastoral Charge, to create New Venture Pastoral Charge, April 8, 1995.

Results 1 to 15 of 476