Showing 9384 results

Names

128th Infantry Battalion

  • SCAA-MJPL-0001
  • Corporate body
  • 1916-

The 128th Battalion, sometimes referred to as the Moose Jaw Battalion or the Bull Moose, was made up of men from Moose Jaw and the surrounding areas. Lieutenant-Colonel F. Pawlett was their commander. On August 10, 1916 the battalion left Camp Hughes to begin their journey to England. In March 1917, the battalion was split up to supply reinforcements for other battalions fighting in France. Over 800 men of the original battalion became causalities of the war.

14th Canadian Hussars

  • SCAA-SCM-0046
  • Corporate body
  • 1940-

The Regiment was designated the 14th Canadian Hussars on 1940 August 1. The regiment was mobilized on 1941 January 26 and converted to an armoured regiment with a redesignation to the 8th (Reserve) Reconnaissance Battalion (14th Canadian Hussars) in April of that year. On 1958 May 19 the regiment reverted to the 14th Canadian Hussars before being disbanded on 1965 March 1 and placed on the Supplementary Order of Battle.

16th/22nd Saskatchewan Horse

  • SCAA-SCM-0002
  • Corporate body
  • 1936-1946

On 15 December 1936, the 16th Canadian Light Horse was amalgamated with The Saskatchewan Mounted Rifles and re-designated the 16th/22nd Saskatchewan Horse. It was re-designated 16th/22nd Saskatchewan Horse (Reserve) on 7 November 1940. On 1 April 1941, the regiment was converted to infantry and re-designated the 2nd (Reserve) Battalion, 16th/22nd Saskatchewan Horse. It was re-designated 2nd (Reserve) Battalion, The Battleford Light Infantry (16th/22nd Saskatchewan Horse) on 1 May 1941; and The Battleford Light Infantry (16th/22nd Saskatchewan Horse) (Reserve) on 15 September 1944. On 1 April 1946 it amalgamated with the 2nd (Reserve) Battalion, The Prince Albert Volunteers and re-designated as The Prince Albert and Battleford Volunteers.

1856 Moose Jaw Schools Cadet Corps

  • Corporate body
  • 1942-

The 1856 Moose Jaw Schools Cadet Corps fonds was founded on January 9, 1942. They were first affiliated with the second regiment of the King’s Rifles of Canada, and then in 1943 the second battalion of the King’s Rifles of Canada. In 1955, they became affiliated with the 20th Saskatchewan Armoured Regiment, and the Saskatchewan Dragoons. Their first commanding officer was Don Cameron.

They meet at the D.V. Currie VC Armoury in Moose Jaw. Their current commanding officer has been C/CWO R Jones since 2011.

1989 Jeux Canada Games Society Saskatoon Inc. No. 207594

  • SCAA-COS-0001
  • Corporate body
  • July 8, 1985 - December 31, 1990

The 1989 Jeux Canada Games Society Saskatoon Inc. No. 207594 was established to plan, organize, finance, prepare for and manage the 1989 Canada Summer Games, held in Saskatoon from August 13th to August 26th, 1989. The Society was incorporated and registered under the Non-profit Corporations Act (Saskatchewan) on 8 July 1985. The work of the Games Society was accomplished through the coordinated efforts of the following: a Games President and General-Manager; a twenty-one member Board of Directors; a Management Committee consisting of the General-Manager, nine voluntary vice-presidents, and provincial and municipal government representatives which implemented the policies and guidelines of the Multi-Party Agreement of September 19,1986; and nine Games divisions, each headed by a vice-president, which were responsible for the day-to-day planning and operations of specific-interest areas. These divisions were: Administration; Ceremonies and Protocol; Complementary Activities; Facilities; Finance; Friends of the Games; Language Services; Marketing; and Sports. The chief Executive officers of the 1989 Jeux Canada Games were Tony Dagnone, Games President and Brian Hansen, General-Manager. The official bilingual name of the 1989 Canada Summer Games was established as "Jeux Canada Games" (Canada Games Council minutes, June 12-13, 1987). Verbal references to the Games in ceremonies, press releases and articles used the term "Canada Games" in English and "Jeux du Canada" in French. Generally, throughout the records,it is known as the 1989 Jeux Canada Games.The 1989 Jeux Canada Games Society had no predecessors or successor bodies. It worked closely with, but did not form part of the Canada Games Council, a federal governing body overseeing the Canada Games, which establishes eligibility rules,standards of facilities and sports to be included in the Games. The 1989 Jeux Canada Games Foundation Inc., established to administer funds remaining after the 1989 Games,through the distribution of interest accrued from the invested funds to assist in the development of amateur sport in Saskatchewan, is a separate and distinct body from the1989 Jeux Canada Games Society Saskatoon Inc.The 1989 Jeux Canada Games Society Saskatoon Inc. was struck off the Corporations' register on 31 December, 1990.

Results 1 to 15 of 9384