Mostrando 3 resultados

Hafford (Sask.)

Hardy, Ralph Willard

  • SCAA-UCCS-0079
  • Persona
  • 1890–1987

R.W. Hardy was a Methodist and later United Church minister, who served congregations in Saskatchewan and British Columbia. He was born in 1890 and spent his childhood in Ontario, before attending the University of Toronto. He was ordained and married in June 1921, in Whitby, Ontario. He moved west and was assigned by the Methodist Church to the hospital in Hafford, Saskatchewan. From 1925 to 1930, Hardy served as a United Church minister in Speers and then Maymont, before transferring to Cranbrook, B.C.

Speers Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0517
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1925–1967?, 2005–

Speers Pastoral Charge was formed as a United Church charge in 1925, part of Battleford Presbytery and containing preaching points at Speers, Keystone, Keatley and Wangarren [Wanganui?]. By 1932, listed points were Speers, Hafford, Keatley, and Keystone. With the addition of Richard (between 1932 and 1936), the name changed to Speers-Richard Pastoral Charge. As of 1940, only Speers, Richard, Bromley, Hafford and Keatley were listed in the charge. Around 1967, the charge combined with Maymont and Borden-Radisson Pastoral Charges to form the shared ministry Maymont Larger Parish. After the shared ministry was dissolved, in 2005, Speers Pastoral Charge was re-established.

Hafford Hospital

  • SCAA-UCCS-0160
  • Entidade coletiva
  • ca.1922–1941

Hafford Hospital was first built around 1922, by the Missionary Society of the Methodist Church. The first superintendent was the Rev. G. Dorey, who would later become Moderator of the United Church of Canada (successor to the Methodist Church in Canada). Dr. S.M. Scott was the first doctor to serve the hospital, followed by Dr. Rose, who was later joined by Dr. Paulson. The Hafford Hospital Ladies Aid Society, formed 1924, was involved in raising money to support hospital activities. After financial difficulties in the 1930s, the hospital was eventually closed, in 1941, due to lack of funds.

In 1946, the R.M. of Redberry and the Village of Hafford bought the building and its equipment from the Missionary Society, then re-opened it as the Hafford Union Hospital.