Mostrando 4 resultados

Names
Residential Schools√

File Hills Residential School

  • SCAA-UCCS-0156
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1889–1949

The residential school was preceded by a small day school, opened by J.C. Richardson in 1884 on the Little Black Bear Reserve and closed soon afterwards. In 1886, R. Toms reopened the day school and it operated until 1889, when the Woman's Missionary Society with the support of the Foreign Mission Committee of The Presbyterian Church in Canada and the Department of Indian Affairs built a new school just outside of the reserve’s boundaries. This was operated by The Presbyterian Church until 1924 when its operation was transferred to the United Church of Canada who managed it until its closure in 1949.

Cote Day School

  • SCAA-UCCS-0157
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1928–1940