Yellow Grass Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, part of Weyburn Presbytery and consisting of Yellow Grass United Church. Previously, the church had been a local union since October 1922, when Yellow Grass Methodist and Knox Presbyterian Churches joined together. Later additions to the United Church charge included preaching points at Lewvan and Colfax, as well as Trossachs (moved from Radville Pastoral Charge, July 1, 1985). Colfax was closed in 1984, Lewvan in 1988.
The charge was designated a shared ministry, as of August 27, 2003, under the name Yellow Grass-Trossachs United Lutheran Partnership. After the closure of the Trossachs preaching place, the charge was re-named Yellow Grass United Lutheran Partnership, on August 29, 2007.