Waldeck Pastoral Charge was formed as a United Church Mission Field in 1925, part of Swift Current Presbytery. In 1926, it was changed to an aid-receiving Pastoral Charge, with additional appointments at Rush Lake and Cutbank. Around 1932, the name had changed to Waldeck-Herbert Pastoral Charge but it returned to Waldeck by 1936, maintaining points at Waldeck, Herbert and Rush Lake. Around 1970, congregations from Neidpath and Burnham (formerly Neidpath Pastoral Charge) joined Waldeck and Rush Lake, under the new name Rush Lake - Burnham - Neidpath Pastoral Charge. On February 14, 1987, the charge amalgamated into Swift Current First Pastoral Charge.