Young People's Union Saskatoon Presbyterial
- Corporate body
Young People's Union Saskatoon Presbyterial
Young People's Union Regina Presbyterial
Young People's Union Qu'Appelle Presbyterial
Young People's Union Kamsack Presbyterial
Young Pastoral Charge was formed as United Church charge in 1925, part of Saskatoon Presbytery and containing appointments at Young, Zelma and Rapid Advance. By the mid-1930s, it was listed as Young-Zelma Pastoral Charge, with no additional points.
Around 1969, the point at Lost River was moved to Bradwell Pastoral Charge, while the remaining Young-Zelma joined Watrous Pastoral Charge.
Yorkton St. Andrew's Pastoral Charge
Yorkton St. Andrew's Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, consisting of preaching points at St. Andrew's United Church, in Yorkton, and at Orkney (previously St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church and Orkney Church). Prior to that, the area had also included a Methodist Church -- likely the one that formed the new United Church Yorkton Fourth Avenue Pastoral Charge, in 1925 until sometime before 1932. Around 1959, the additional Yorkton Rural Pastoral Charge was formed, under W.M.S. supply Evelyn Mathews (points soon included Calder, Halmok, Hampton, Otthon, Orcadia, Willowbrook) and ca.1961, Yorkton - South West Pastoral Charge was also formed, under W.E. Shank.
Yellow Grass Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, part of Weyburn Presbytery and consisting of Yellow Grass United Church. Previously, the church had been a local union since October 1922, when Yellow Grass Methodist and Knox Presbyterian Churches joined together. Later additions to the United Church charge included preaching points at Lewvan and Colfax, as well as Trossachs (moved from Radville Pastoral Charge, July 1, 1985). Colfax was closed in 1984, Lewvan in 1988.
The charge was designated a shared ministry, as of August 27, 2003, under the name Yellow Grass-Trossachs United Lutheran Partnership. After the closure of the Trossachs preaching place, the charge was re-named Yellow Grass United Lutheran Partnership, on August 29, 2007.
Wynyard Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, containing preaching points at Wynyard, Little Quill and Harvard. On March 31, 1997, the charge amalgamated with Foote-Copeland Pastoral Charge, forming the new Living Shamrock Pastoral Charge.
Woodrow Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, containing preaching points at Woodrow and Sunbeam. By 1962, it consisted of Woodrow, Glenbain, Kincaid, and Meyronne. The charge dissolved ca.1969 and the Woodrow preaching point became joined Lafleche Pastoral Charge.
Wood Mountain Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, containing Wood Mountain United Church. The church later became part of Grasslands Pastoral Charge, before officially closing, on November 17, 2008.
Wolseley Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925. Preaching points in the charge included St. James United Church (Wolseley) and Westfield. Sometime before 1960, the charge amalgamated with Sintaluta, forming the Wolseley-Sintaluta Pastoral Charge. The name reverted back to Wolseley Pastoral Charge on June 30, 2002, when the preaching point at Sintaluta was formally closed.
Wiseton Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, part of Saskatoon Presbytery (then Elrose Presbytery in 1926) and consisting of preaching points at Wiseton, Forgan, Lion's Head and Buffalo Hill. In the late-1940s, the charge amalgamated with Dinsmore to form Wiseton-Dinsmore Pastoral Charge, with preaching points at Dinsmore, Forgan, and Wiseton. By 1951, the charge (listed as Wiseton Pastoral Charge) consisted of Wiseton, Dinsmore, Forgan and Coteau-View appointments. As of 1962, only Wiseton, Dinsmore and Forgan remained (the last of which was no longer listed by 1976).
On March 1, 2006, the charge joined with the Milden preaching point (previously part of Wheatlands Pastoral Charge) to create the new Prairie Spirit Pastoral Charge.
Wilcox Pastoral Charge was formed as a United Church charge in 1925, part of Moose Jaw Presbytery, consisting of the Wilcox congregation. By 1932, the charge had moved to Regina Presbytery and added the point at Corinne (which was removed sometime before 1936). Around 1962, the charge joined with Rouleau to form Rouleau-Wilcox Pastoral Charge, part of Regina Presbytery. Wilcox United Church was eventually closed, in July 2000.
White Cap Dakota Pastoral Charge
White Cap Dakota Pastoral Charge was formed sometime after 1925, as Moose Woods Pastoral Charge, part of Saskatoon Presbytery and primarily consisting of the Moose Woods (Whitecap) preaching place. As of 1940, Moose Woods was listed as a preaching point within Dundurn Pastoral Charge. In 1984, it joined the new Plains Presbytery, which became part of the All Native Circle Conference when it was formed, in 1989. As of April 23, 1998, the name was changed from Moose Woods to White Cap Dakota Pastoral Charge.
Moose Mountain Reserve (Indian Mission), was formed in 1925, as part of Arcola Presbytery. It was later included in Arcola-Estevan Presbytery and then Souris Valley Presbytery. For a time, the charge was amalgamated with Manor, under the name Manor-Moose Mountain Pastoral Charge and (later) the Manor-White Bear Pastoral Charge. Around 1976, the preaching points separated and re-formed as Manor Pastoral Charge and White Bear Pastoral Charge. In 1984, White Bear joined the new Plains Presbytery, which became part of the All Native Circle Conference when it was formed, in 1989.
The main preaching point in the charge is White Bear United Church, also known as the Moose Mountain Mission, which is located near Carlyle, Saskatchewan (south of Moose Mountain Provincial Park). Before Union, the preaching point was originally recorded as a Presbyterian mission, as early as 1889. A mission house built in 1896 continued to be used for the United Church of Canada congregation until a log chapel was built around 1940. A larger church was built in 1960.