Architecture√

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Architecture√

Equivalent terms

Architecture√

Associated terms

Architecture√

36 Archival description results for Architecture√

36 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Administration Building - Addition - Architectural Plans

"Proposed Ground Floor Furniture Layout" of the Administration Building addition.

Bio/Historical Note: In 1979 portions of the Administration Building (College Building) were declared unsafe. The building that had been at the heart of University life for seven decades was showing its age. A weak roof structure and deteriorating cement precipitated action on the part of the University’s administration. From a number of options available, the choice was made to build a new building adjacent to the original structure. The Administration Building Addition (East Wing) was opened in October 1987, construction having began in the fall of 1985. Designed by Wiens Johnstone Architects of Regina and built by Penn-Co Construction of Calgary, the $6.6 million three-story stone-clad building contained 4,646 square metres of floor space, approximately the same office space as the College Building. The two buildings were directly linked with some of the College Building’s exterior walls in the addition’s interior space.

Administration Building - Addition - Architectural Plans

"First Floor Plan" of the Administration Building addition.

Bio/Historical Note: In 1979 portions of the College Building were declared unsafe. The building that had been at the heart of University life for seven decades was showing its age. A weak roof structure and deteriorating cement precipitated action on the part of the University’s administration. From a number of options available, the choice was made to build a new building adjacent to the original structure. The Administration Addition was opened in October of 1987, construction having began in the fall of 1985. Designed by Wiens Johnstone Architects of Regina and built by Penn-Co Construction of Calgary, the $6.6 million three-story stone-clad building contained 4,646 square metres of floor space, approximately the same office space as the College Building. The two buildings were directly linked with some of the College Building’s exterior walls in the addition’s interior space.

Administration Building - Addition - Architectural Plans

"Proposed Second Floor Furniture Layout" of the Administration Building addition.

Bio/Historical Note: In 1979 portions of the College Building were declared unsafe. The building that had been at the heart of University life for seven decades was showing its age. A weak roof structure and deteriorating cement precipitated action on the part of the University’s administration. From a number of options available, the choice was made to build a new building adjacent to the original structure. The Administration Addition was opened in October of 1987, construction having began in the fall of 1985. Designed by Wiens Johnstone Architects of Regina and built by Penn-Co Construction of Calgary, the $6.6 million three-story stone-clad building contained 4,646 square metres of floor space, approximately the same office space as the College Building. The two buildings were directly linked with some of the College Building’s exterior walls in the addition’s interior space.

Architectural Plans and Drawings collection

  • FG 22
  • Collection
  • ca.1954–1968

The collection primarily consists of records relating to the building of various churches, manses and other features associated with the United Church, in Saskatchewan. Contents include architectural plans and blueprints (as well as proposed designs) for church and manse buildings and building sites.

Balych fonds

  • BLCH01
  • Fonds
  • 1910-1990, predominant 1960-1970

The fonds consist of Alex Balych's CJNB papers (25 scripts and year-round reviews), Northwest Economic Council (NEDC) correspondence, School papers North Battleford School District #1438 (correspondence and reports), Pearl Balych photographs (200) and textual records, Dance Festival programs 1964-1968, 1970-1990, Radio scripts 1963-1965.

Balych Family

Church plans

Series consists of building plans and blueprints for various churches, additions, and proposed related constructions in Saskatchewan. Contents include items relating to: Avonlea, Camp McKay and Round Lake Mission, Moose Mountain and Carlyle, Carievale, Frontier (Climax Pastoral Charge), Goodwater, Grenfell (Sakimay United), Keeler, LaFleche, Leader, Moose Jaw (Grandview and Minto United), Regina (Carmichael Presbyterian/United, Hillsdale United, St. James United, Whitmore Park United), Rockglen, Semans, Sceptre, Sintalute, Wapella, and an unidentified church (J. Wright, ca.1960) near the Radway Lumber Co.

D.C. Kerr fonds

  • MG 169
  • Fonds
  • 1940?-2002 (inclusive) ; 1965-1993 (predominant)

This fonds reflects Kerr's vocational and avocational interests. His academic activities include not only his own writing in a variety of genres but also his editing, assessment and review of the contributions of others to prose, poetry, drama and film. His service to the community external to the University is primarily evident in the political, arts and heritage fields.

Kerr, Donald Cameron

Fred Cowley

Fred Cowley, architect. He designed most of the early Emma Lake buildings, and served as caretaker to the property during the art camps.

Results 1 to 15 of 36