Collection IC - Ines Claggett collection

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Ines Claggett collection

General material designation

  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Reference code


Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • [ca. 1930] - [195-] (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

4 photographs : b&w
2 photographs : b&w [scanned copies]

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator


Biographical history

Ines Claggett (nee Harms) was born June 18, 1911 in Davenport, Nebraska to Richard Harms and Stella Harms (nee Roe). She immigrated to Canada with her family in March of 1912, and eventually settled in Saskatchewan. Ines married Kerby Claggett on July 22, 1931 at the United Church in Tisdale, Saskatchewan. The two lived at Melfort, Saskatchewan and raised five children. Ines remained involved in the Melfort United Church throughout her life.

Custodial history

Items donated by Ines Claggett to Melfort & District Museum.

Scope and content

The collection contains two scanned copies of black and white photographs owned by Ines Claggett, as well as five original black and white photographs. All photographs were originally taken between [ca. 1930] and [195-]. The photographs depict group portraits of the "Southside Circle" women's group of the Melfort United Church, young students and teachers and the Salvation Army Building, a curling team, and the former Melfort golf club house - which was originally run by Mr. and Mrs. Dick Harms.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition


Language of material

Script of material

Language and script note


Location of originals

Original photographs from which scanned copies were made remain with Ines Claggett.

Availability of other formats

Digitized versions in on-site database.

Restrictions on access

No restrictions.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Copyright: Public Domain

Finding aids

On-site database, accession ledger, source file.

Associated materials

Related material: Related material available.

Related materials


No further accruals anticipated.

General note

Scanned copies made in 2003 by the Melfort & District Museum. All scanned photographs were done so at 300 dpi with 16 million colours.

Alpha-numeric designations

996-008, 996-165, 2000-015, 2003-062.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Accession area

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres