57 Archival description results for Humboldt (Sask.)
57 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
- [ca. 197-]
Exterior view of the All Saints Ukrainian Catholic Church in Humboldt, Saskatchewan, located at 139 Eighth Street.
Exterior view of the Blue Livery Stable in Humboldt, Saskatchewan, located on the corner of Ninth Street and Sixth Avenue and owned by Mr. Hallet. Individuals identified are (left to right): Jake Neubauer, Henry Theiman, ?, ?, ?, Joe Wigber, John Schaeffer, Jake Flory, Peter Poss, August Lins, ?, ?, Fred Gorsalitz.
- March 26, 1909
Postcard showing the Canadian Northern Railway (CNoR) Depot in Humboldt, Saskatchewan; postcard from niece Elenora (?) to Aunt Ida Michels of Nicollet, Minn., USA; stamped January 3, 1911 Humboldt, Sask. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Northern_Railway
- Series 2: CPC. 1928-1933, predominant 1930-1931. - Folder 17: "Photographs."
Part of W.C. Murray fonds
A display created by the Rural Municipality of Humboldt is seen. Samples of grain, spices and other agricultural products are present. A sign is also present to the right stating that the Rural Municipality of Humboldt No. 370 is located 65 miles East and 5 miles North of Saskatoon; Settled in 1904 with a population of 2775; 90% of the settlers were of German nationality. This Municiality is part of St. Peter's Colony, which comprises 50 Townships and is the largest German Catholic Settlement in America.
Bio/historical note: The Community Progress Competitions were conceived by Dr. W. J. Black of the Colonization Department of the C.N.R. to ascertain what contributions people of Continental European origin had made to community life in districts in which they possessed a resident population of 70% or more from the first or second generation, and to what extent they stimulated further community progress and development. They were judged on the basis of their educational efforts; agricultural development; citizenship, co-operation, and social welfare; arts and handicrafts; and general activities. These records were obtained by Dr. W. C. Murray in his capacity as one of the judges of the Community Progress Competitions. The records concentrate mainly on the first two years, 1930 and 1931, of the proposed five year competition for Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta residents. Only records on the Saskatchewan communities are included. They contain the assessments of the judges on community life on the districts that entered the competition. Financial statements and maps of many of the rural municipalities of Saskatchewan that entered the competition are included. Also, photographs of the districts that entered the competition for the years of 1930 and 1931, including many of the Edenwold district are included. The letters included are mainly those from the Western Region of the Department of Colonization and Agriculture of the Canadian National Railways to Dr. W. C. Murray.