View looking east of the Livestock Pavilion; Rutherford Rink at left and Main Barn at right. Grass and trees in foreground.
Bio/Historical Note: The Livestock Pavilion, one of the five original campus buildings, was designed by Brown and Vallance and constructed between 1910-1912. Built of red brick, slate and translucent glass panels (some of which could be opened for ventilation), it included a large show arena with seating. The Pavilion had a slaughter room and cold storage for the butchery courses. It was demolished in 1986.
Group photo of first-year students of the School of Agriculture. Back row (l to r): Bill Wilson; Grant Millar; Jack Stillborn; Phil Chase; John Holloway; Ron Johnson; Fred Grimsdale. Middle row: ? Tamer; Geo. Wolowidynk; Stewart Smith; Marvin Foster; James Anderson; Fred Davey. Front row: Arthur Powers; Robert Newton; Walter Ferguson; Arthur Aylesburg; Ivan Clark (degree '41); John Laing; John Robertson. Missing: Hans Broten, Gordon Armstrong, Alan Rugg (degree '47).