The collection contains one black and white photograph of a large group of people standing outside the "Old Time Curling Club" in Melfort Saskatchewan. The photograph was taken in 1962, and was part of Ada and Joby Bedard's personal collection.
Series consists of records relating to and/or created by various committees, boards, camps, and other entities governed by or associated with the United Church of Canada, in Saskatchewan. Contents include minutes, reports, correspondence, plans and other documents and images pertaining to: the Committee for Christian Education (1925-1970), including Girls' Work and Children's Work Committees; Survey and Planning Committee; Settlement Committee (1924-1961); the Conference Special Committee for the Saskatchewan Golden Jubilee (1955); Committee to Study Non-Anglo-Saxons (1930-1931); Missionary and Maintenance Fund Committee (1934-1935); the Special Committee to Study the Relationship between the Christian Church and Education in Saskatchewan (1966); the Committee on Union of the United Church of Canada (1961-1973); the Conference Committee on Church Extension; Board of Home Missions (1917-1952); Lumsden Beach Camp (1908-1962); Camp Outlook (1947-1953); White Bear Religious Camp (1930-1940); the Benevolent Society of Camp McKay (1953-1983); the Prairie Christian Training Centre [later Calling Lakes Centre] (1952-1973); the Ministers' Summer School of Religion (1934-1941); Templeton Mission (1952-1953); Moose Jaw College (1914-1945); Conference Committee on Colleges and Education (1930-1931), primarily correspondence from Convenor D.S. Dix; Oliver Lodge (1949-1979); Laymembers of Saskatchewan Conference (1925-1963); the Boundaries Committee (1973); and Camp Tapawingo (1960-1980).
The collection contains two scanned copies of black and white photographs owned by Ines Claggett, as well as five original black and white photographs. All photographs were originally taken between [ca. 1930] and [195-]. The photographs depict group portraits of the "Southside Circle" women's group of the Melfort United Church, young students and teachers and the Salvation Army Building, a curling team, and the former Melfort golf club house - which was originally run by Mr. and Mrs. Dick Harms.
The collection contains materials relating to the project, and in particular, images taken by the school children. These images document people admired and loved; pets; images of the city, neighborhoods, school and school grounds; and other materials which may well alter and change over time, including currency, various electronic apparatus including computers, cell phones, televisions, and stereos; modes of transportation, including cars and school buses. As such, the collection represents a good sample of materials which document Saskatoon at a specific time; and in particular documents the inner city area near King George school, and the school's teachers, students, and activities.
The fonds consists of publications and other records relating to the Older Boys' Parliament, which would later be known as the Saskatchewan Youth Parliament (after 1972). Contents include: photographs (1945-1948), newspaper clippings and proclamations; records and legislation (1923-1964); and copies of "The Parliamentarian" (1961-1964), the journal of Saskatchewan Tuxis and Older Boys' Parliament.