Thorvaldson Building - Official Opening
- 6 Jun. 1966
E.M. (Ted) Culliton, University Chancellor, drawing back a curtain from a plaque fixed to an easel. Dignitaries seated behind him.
Bio/Historical Note: The Chemistry Building was enlarged with an addition and was renamed in honour of Dr. Thorbergur Thorvaldson, professor and dean of Chemistry from 1919-1959. The Thorvaldson Building opened on 6 June 1966. Architect John B. Parkin’s modern design continued with exterior stone cladding. The near windowless, stone three-storey addition provided classrooms, undergraduate and research laboratories, offices, a library and service facilities.