Showing 153 results

Archival description
University of Saskatchewan - Saskatchewan Hall√
Print preview View:

135 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Saskatchewan Hall

Photographs the same. Taken from the Murray Memorial Library, looking directly east. The Administration Building is in the middle of the photographs. Saskatchewan and Qu'Appelle Halls are on the right side. Five large trees lining the sidewalks.

College Building and Student Residences

Looking east at the College Building; road in foreground. Saskatchewan Hall (women's residence) and Qu'Appelle Hall (men's residence) at right.

Bio/Historical Note: The College Building has changed names over the years. The “Administration Building” came into use by the 1950s and the “College Building” was back in use in 1987. Upon Peter MacKinnon’s retirement as University President in 2012, the building was renamed the “Peter MacKinnon Building”.

Postcards of University Buildings

Three colour-tinted postcards featuring University buildings.
Top image:"Student's Residential Sec. Sask. University". Saskatchewan Hall, with corner of College Building at left.
Middle image: "Sask. University." Newly-completed College Building with two rail cars on each side.
Bottom image: "Anglican College." Emmanuel Anglican College.
Bio/historical note: Designed by Brown and Vallance, Montreal Architects, the College (later known as Administration) building was constructed between 1910-12 by Smith Bros. and Wilson general contractors. Originally a general purpose building, designed in the shape of a capital E, and built at a cost of $297,000.00, the corner stone was laid by Sir Wilfrid Laurier, Prime Minister of Canada, on 29 July 1910. The building was officially opened by Walter Scott, Premier of Saskatchewan on 1 May 1913.

Results 1 to 15 of 153