The collection consists of various documents and photos about Indian Head's agricultural heritage, including the Bell Farm, the federal Tree Nursery and the federal Experimental Farm. The Agriculture Collection includes materials related agriculture and includes, especially, series pertaining to three major agricultural developments in Indian Head 1) The Bell Farm (Qu'Appelle Valley Farming Company) which was a huge farming venture of 57,000 acres promoted by Major William Robert Bell in 1881-1882 to Eastern Canadian and American shareholders. The venture finally failed and Major Bell left Indian Head in 1895. 2) The federal Experimental Farm which was established in 1887 under the superintendency of Angus MacKay and continues to conduct research as Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada's Indian Head Research Farm . 3) The federal Tree Nursery (PFRA) resulted from the promotion of trees and shrubs for shelter by Angus MacKay , the superintendent of the Experimental Farm . Established as a separate federal government station in 1901 under the superintendency of Norman Ross, it provided trees and shrubs for farmers throughout the prairies until its closure in 2014.
This is a virtual collection since the 6 physical 3-ring binders were returned to Janice McBain at Hayes Haven. In total, 357 photos were scanned in .tiff format and 143 documents which were scanned as pdf files with Optical Character Recognition. The documents were scanned at high resolution according to our archival standard (~3000 pixels on the long side). The binders whose contents were digitized were accessioned as individual items, The digital files reside on the museum's computer. The binders include photos and text documents - including news articles - that span most of the Orange Home's period of operation. The binders contain materials from the 1930s right up to the years of the Orange Home's closure in 1997.
Minutes, financial and membership records, write-ups and articles about the Royal Canadian Legion's Ladies Auxiliary, which was formed in 1919 and disbanded in 2002, when its members joined the Royal Canadian legion as full members.
This Fonds contains three black and white images of the , event invitations and programs that Arthur Leach presumably attended, and Arthur Leach's Honorary second lieutenant certificate. The Fonds was donated by Lil Leach, Arthur's daughter-in-law in 1981.
Most of the material is included in a few series (Glenn Lunn Circle, Friendly Neighbors Club, 4H Club) - many books of club minutes, events or projects. Other series, such as the lodges, RCMP, Postmasters Association have only a few items.