Mostrando 1 resultados

Archival description
University of Saskatchewan - Thorvaldson Building√ Construction equipment√
Imprimir vista previa Ver :

Thorvaldson Building - Construction

View of construction work on Thorvaldson addition in the winter.

Bio/Historical Note: The Chemistry Building was enlarged with an addition and was renamed in honour of Dr. Thorbergur Thorvaldson, professor and dean of Chemistry from 1919-1959. The Thorvaldson Building opened on 6 June 1966. Architect John B. Parkin’s modern design continued with exterior stone cladding. The near windowless, stone three-storey addition provided classrooms, undergraduate and research laboratories, offices, a library and service facilities.