View looking east of the Livestock Pavilion; Rutherford Rink at left and Main Barn at right. Grass and trees in foreground.
Bio/Historical Note: The Livestock Pavilion, one of the five original campus buildings, was designed by Brown and Vallance and constructed between 1910-1912. Built of red brick, slate and translucent glass panels (some of which could be opened for ventilation), it included a large show arena with seating. The Pavilion had a slaughter room and cold storage for the butchery courses. It was demolished in 1986.
100 Block of Main Street as viewed from the north corner looking south, The Bank of Toronto, C.W. Holmes "The Eagle Office" Drug Store and five other buildings. There are four children, one lady, nine men and one dog standing on the corner.
Group photo of first-year students of the School of Agriculture. Back row (l to r): Bill Wilson; Grant Millar; Jack Stillborn; Phil Chase; John Holloway; Ron Johnson; Fred Grimsdale. Middle row: ? Tamer; Geo. Wolowidynk; Stewart Smith; Marvin Foster; James Anderson; Fred Davey. Front row: Arthur Powers; Robert Newton; Walter Ferguson; Arthur Aylesburg; Ivan Clark (degree '41); John Laing; John Robertson. Missing: Hans Broten, Gordon Armstrong, Alan Rugg (degree '47).