Kindersley Presbytery was one of the original 16 presbyteries established by the first General Council of the United Church of Canada (June 1925), to be part of the new Saskatchewan Conference. Initial boundaries were based on the previous Kindersley Presbytery, part of the Presbyterian Synod of Saskatchewan, as well as Rosetown Methodist District and some Independent Union Charges. Prior to 1925, there had also been a Kindersley District, in the Saskatchewan Conference of the Methodist Church.
Pastoral charges in 1925 included: Eatonia, Elrose, Luseland, Netherhill, Rosetown, Plenty, Wartime, Madison, Jellico, Superb, White, Bear, Kerrobert, Major, Coleville, Valley Centre, Herschel, Dodsland, Alsask, Hoosier, Loverna, Fiske, Flaxcombe, Kindersley, Eston, Ferndale, and Plato. By the summer of 1926, the presbytery also contained 12 stations served by student ministers: Beadle, Belvoir, Buckley, Dewar Lake, Idaleen, Kingsland, Mantario, Oliver, Kyle, Stanrear, Richlea, and Tuberose.
In 1926, Kindersley Presbytery was divided, with part of it creating the new Elrose Presbytery. The two reunited in 1949, amalgamating to become Rosetown Presbytery.