Zona de identificação
tipo de entidade
Forma autorizada do nome
Moose Jaw Normal School
Forma(s) paralela(s) de nome
Forma normalizada do nome de acordo com outras regras
Outra(s) forma(s) de nome
identificadores para entidades coletivas
área de descrição
Datas de existência
The Moose Jaw Normal School opened in 1927. The normal schools in Moose Jaw and Regina, with their sister institution in Saskatoon were responsible for administering teacher education programs in the province. They reported to a superintendent of education in the Government of Saskatchewan., and later to the Deputy Minister of Education. Each normal school was organized separately under the control of a principal. The Student Assembly was made up of an executive body, various clubs and committees, and executive bodies for each class.
Originally called the Regina Provincial Normal School, the word "Provincial" was deleted when the Moose Jaw school opened. They became known as the Regina and Moose Jaw Normal Schools. In 1953, the Moose Jaw school was renamed the Saskatchewan Teachers College, Moose Jaw. It closed in 1959 and its operations were transferred to Regina. The Regina school closed in 1964 and its functions assumed by the University of Saskatchewan Regina Campus. From 1930 to 1959 the Moose Jaw Normal School was located in what is now the SIAST Palliser Campus in Moose Jaw.