Item A-3841 - Poultry Science Building - Classroom

Original Digital object not accessible

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Poultry Science Building - Classroom

General material designation

  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Item

Reference code

A-3841

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • [192-?] (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 photograph : b&w ; 7 x 11.5 cm

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Custodial history

Scope and content

Interior of a classroom; view from the back of the room towards the chalkboard.

Bio/Historical Note: Like many of the early campus buildings, the Poultry Building was designed by Brown and Vallance. Located immediately northeast of Rutherford Rink, it was completed in 1918, a few years after the establishment of a separate Department of Poultry Husbandry in 1916 by Raymond K. Baker, first professor of Animal Husbandry in 1913. The main section contained a basement space for egg testing, incubators and feed storage, offices on the main floor and a loft floor used as a lecture hall. The east wing was a brooder wing and housed the Records of Performance, for breeding stock. Students lived in the top floor of this wing and were responsible for tending the furnace. The basement contained incubators, a grading room and a small classroom. The one-storey west wing, designed by University architects, was added in 1956. A new facility was opened in 1985. The 1918 building, up for sale in October 2020, is slated for demolition to make room for an expansion on the Engineering Building.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Photographer: Unknown

Copyright holder: Public domain

Other terms: Responsibility regarding questions of copyright that may arise in the use of any images is assumed by the researcher.

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres