Fonds MJ-014 - Quincy Ladies Aid fonds

Original Digital object not accessible

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Quincy Ladies Aid fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Reference code


Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • 1941-1968 (Creation)
    Quincy Ladies Aid

Physical description area

Physical description

7.25 cm of textual records.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator


Administrative history

The Quincy District is approximately twenty miles south of Moose Jaw on Highway #2 at what is known as Conn's Corners. The main influx of settlers took place between 1906-1910. Quincy School was built in 1909 on land donated by Nicholas Good and opened in 1910. The building was replaced in 1929. Church services were held in the school during the summer months. When the school closed in 1941, the women of the district, informally organized, became caretakers of the building. In addition to church services, dances, teas, meetings, bingos, community suppers, and Community College classes were held. In 1961 the ladies group officially organized as the Quincy Ladies Aid. They purchased the school building and had electricity installed. In 1974 when church services ceased, the function of the group as a supportive organization was no longer required and they reorganized as a community club. In 1983, the school was declared a heritage site

Custodial history

Scope and content

This fonds consists of series of minute books and a cash book of the Quincy Ladies Aid. Also included are memos pertaining to the sale of a portion of the Quincy school land. It was sold to the province for the widening of a highway.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Accession Number 14.BA donated to the archives by the Quincy Ladies through Mrs. E. Hill.

Accession 17.2018 was donated to the archives by Elizabeth Seitz of the University of Regina in September 2013.


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aids and file list available. See attached finding aid.

Uploaded finding aid

Associated materials

Related materials


No further accruals expected.


This fonds was re-boxed in 2004.

Location note

Boxes V-4, H-4, OS-1

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres