Title and statement of responsibility area
Rosetown Presbytery fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Variations in title: Previously identified as Rosetown Presbytery sub-series (A.381.XI.D.15).
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- United Church of Canada Rosetown Presbytery
Physical description area
30.2 cm of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Rosetown Presbytery was created in 1949, through the amalgamation of Elrose and Kindersley Presbyteries. Additional charges transferred over the years, including Springwater (moved from Battleford Presbytery, July 1, 1985).
In 2000, Saskatchewan Conference went from 10 presbyteries to 7, with each adopting a new name. Most pastoral charges from Rosetown Presbytery became part of the new Prairie Pine Presbytery.
Most records in the fonds were likely transferred to the archives between 1925 and 1986, with later additions brought in ca.2018. Their original provenance is largely unclear, though administrative and committee records may have come directly from presbytery secretaries, committee members, delegates or other associated individuals.
From 1925 through to 1982, the official repository for Conference, Presbytery and local records of the United Church in Saskatchewan was at St. Andrew’s College (Saskatoon). In 1982, the Conference signed an agreement to house their records with the Saskatchewan Archives Board (later Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan), while still retaining ownership and management responsibilities. The collections were gradually relocated and continue to be stored with the Provincial Archives, to the present day.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of textual materials generated by the Presbytery, its secretaries, committees and related bodies, in fulfillment of their responsibilities, as outlined in the Manual of the United Church of Canada.
Contents include: minutes; correspondence; newsletters; statistics (1960); records of the Communications Committee (1969-1980); a document “Sketch History of Rosetown Presbytery, Part 1” (Oct. 1975), by Rev. M. John Moor; and some minutes, correspondence, and other material from the United Church Men / A.O.T.S.
Immediate source of acquisition
Original order for many of these records is unclear. Items listed under A.381.XI.D.15 were arranged sometime before 1990, with others under A.785, A.923 and A.1094 added later. Items listed under XXIII were arranged and added in 2018.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Microfilm copy of some records: PAS reel no. R10.1.[22-30?]; stored reel no. 84.053C-10 (A.923.SA.2106).
Restrictions on access
Some records may be restricted, to protect personal information.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Use, publication, and/or reproduction of records are subject to the conditions of the Copyright Act. Please consult archivist for assistance.
GS-168 includes original file and series listings, in sections A.381.XI.D.15, A.785.SA.940, A.923.XV.SA.2957, A.1084.XV.SC.820, and XXIII.SR.1167. Additional microfilm contents listed in finding aid IR-12.
Uploaded finding aid
Textual records: A.381.XI.D.15.1 to 9; A.785.SA.940; A.923.XV.SA.2957; A.1084.XV.SC.820; XXIII.SR.1167
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- United Church of Canada. AOTS (Subject)