Fonds SCSD - Stoney Creek S.D. #332 fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Stoney Creek S.D. #332 fonds

General material designation

  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Reference code


Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • [195-?] - 1964 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

36 photographs : b&w

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The Stoney Creek S.D. #332 was started in 1904. Ben Rush, assisted by Fred Ashdown and Elmer Rush built the Stoney Creek school house at NW 29-45-18 W2nd. The first board of trustees for the school included: Ben Rush, George Scott, and John Ashdown. The Secretary-Treasurer was Herbert Mansell. Stoney Creek's first teacher was George Mackey who taught a class of sixteen students the school's opening year. The school house was a central part of the community. Often political meetings, concerts, church services, and social event were held there. In 1912 a barn was added to the school grounds and in 1938 a teacherage was built. An icehouse was in use during the school's early years, but was eventually sold in 1935. Stoney Creek school closed in 1964 and students from the district were bussed to Melfort, Saskatchewan to attend classes.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds contains black and white photographs from Stoney Creek S.D. #332. The photographs date from the 1950's to 1964. They include images of Stoney Creek school students and teachers and a cake from the district's 60th anniversary.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The photographs were donated by the Stoney Creek S.D. #332 to the Melfort and District Museum.


Language of material

Script of material

Language and script note


Location of originals

Availability of other formats

digitized version in on-site database

Restrictions on access

no restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Copyright: Unknown

Finding aids

on-site database, accession ledger, source file

Associated materials

Related material: other objects available

Related materials


Alpha-numeric designations

92-109, 90-103

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres