Title and statement of responsibility area
University Hospital - Construction
General material designation
- Graphic material
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
1 photograph : b&w ; 20.32 x 25.4cm
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
View of the start of construction of the University Hospital. Included are boulders and a storage shed. Thorvaldson Building in the background.
Bio/historical note: Designed by Webster and Gilbert, architects, and built between 1948 and 1955 by Smith Bros. and Wilson, contractors, at a cost of $7,000,000.00, the 6-storey, 7-wing University Hospital was officially opened by Bentley, T.J., Saskatchewan Minister of Health on May 1955.The name was officially changed to Royal University Hospital 23 May 1990.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
See also duplicate slide collection.
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Photographer: Photographer: Creative Professional Photographers Ltd.
Other terms: Researcher responsible for obtaining permission
Cropped version of photo can be found on page 6 of Summer 1982 Green and White.