University of Saskatchewan. Extension Division. 4H Clubs

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

University of Saskatchewan. Extension Division. 4H Clubs

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence


4-H clubs had two predecessors--agricultural clubs, more commonly known as the Boy's and Girl's Clubs, which were supervised by the Agricultural Extension Department, and the girl's clubs or Homecraft Clubs. In 1952, both types became 4-H Clubs, but they continued to be administered and operated separately. The Saskatchewan 4-H Council was formed in 1957 for the purpose of encouraging club work, act as a clearing house, coordinate efforts and advise on policies and program direction. In 1963 all 4-H work was placed under a single supervisor, H.R. Clark. By 1970 the role of the Extension division had changed considerably. Direct contact with clubs was maintained through monthly mailing of the 4-H "Leader's Bulletin" and the 4-H quarterly, "Focus". The Division was still involved in preparing program material, conducting the provincial selections, and operating programs at Camp Rayner, the Division was no longer involved in club events, the appointment of judges, or the club efficiency competitions. In 1985, 4-H became autonomous and moved their offices from the Extension Division. The following supervised the program: H.R. Clark (1963-1969); G. Hass (1969-1979); P. Katz (1979-1985).


Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points


Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion




Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places