Upland School District #2290

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Upland School District #2290

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence



The Upland School District was formed in February 1909 with the founding executive consisting of J.R. Stoney? - Chair, E. Hatfield - Secretary Treasurer, and Alfred J. Sanders - Trustee.

The trustees borrowed $1200 to build a 20' by 24' building. A site was chosen on the south-west corner of SW 22-21-26 (south of Chamberlain, west of Findlater and north of Buffalo Pound Lake). The date of completion is not known but an annual meeting of the Trustees was held in the schoolhouse on January 15, 1910. The first teacher is not known but Lettie Drope is listed as the teacher as of April 3, 1911.

The school was closed in 1953 and children attended Chamberlain School.


Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points


Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion




Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places