Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Westview Rural Telephone Company
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The Westview Rural Telephone Company was initiated in 1910 and formally incorporated in 1911. W.H. Brown was the first president with John Logan as Secretary/Treasurer. James Gilmour was the first of 34 shareholders in 1911.
The company was given permission to construct the telephone network on March 6, 1911 and a construction tender was awarded to Somerville & Olson of Regina. The area covered was primarily in 18-27 and 18-28 W2 between Archydal and Tuxford.
A rental agreement was made with the Belbeck Rural Telephone Company to connect with Moose Jaw. Major renovations were done to the lines in 1945 and 1964.
On October 18, 1976, the shareholders were in unanimous agreement to accept Sasktel’s offer to assimilate Westview into their system. At the time of dissolution, Alfred Maynard was serving as President while Oliver Spence was Secretary/Treasurer.