Zona de identificação
tipo de entidade
Forma autorizada do nome
Westview Rural Telephone Company
Forma(s) paralela(s) de nome
Forma normalizada do nome de acordo com outras regras
Outra(s) forma(s) de nome
identificadores para entidades coletivas
área de descrição
Datas de existência
The Westview Rural Telephone Company was initiated in 1910 and formally incorporated in 1911. W.H. Brown was the first president with John Logan as Secretary/Treasurer. James Gilmour was the first of 34 shareholders in 1911.
The company was given permission to construct the telephone network on March 6, 1911 and a construction tender was awarded to Somerville & Olson of Regina. The area covered was primarily in 18-27 and 18-28 W2 between Archydal and Tuxford.
A rental agreement was made with the Belbeck Rural Telephone Company to connect with Moose Jaw. Major renovations were done to the lines in 1945 and 1964.
On October 18, 1976, the shareholders were in unanimous agreement to accept Sasktel’s offer to assimilate Westview into their system. At the time of dissolution, Alfred Maynard was serving as President while Oliver Spence was Secretary/Treasurer.