Fonds - Women's Auxiliary of the Regina General Hospital fonds

Zone du titre et de la mention de responsabilité

Titre propre

Women's Auxiliary of the Regina General Hospital fonds

Dénomination générale des documents

  • Document textuel

Titre parallèle

Compléments du titre

Mentions de responsabilité du titre

Notes du titre

Niveau de description

Fonds

Cote

Zone de l'édition

Mention d'édition

Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition

Zone des précisions relatives à la catégorie de documents

Mention d'échelle (cartographique)

Mention de projection (cartographique)

Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)

Mention d'échelle (architecturale)

Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)

Zone des dates de production

Date(s)

  • 1929-1940 (Production)
    Production
    Women's Auxiliary of the Regina General Hospital
    Lieu
    Regina (Sask.)

Zone de description matérielle

Description matérielle

4.1 cm of textual records

Zone de la collection

Titre propre de la collection

Titres parallèles de la collection

Compléments du titre de la collection

Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection

Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection

Note sur la collection

Zone de la description archivistique

Nom du producteur

Histoire administrative

The Women's Auxiliary of the Regina General Hospital was formed in 1907 "to forward the interests of the hospital in any way considered desirable by the Auxiliary." Membership of the Auxiliary was open to any woman upon enrolment of a membership fee of fifty cents, and Mrs. Elizabeth Jane Van Valkenburg (nee Chalmers) was named the first President. The Women's Auxiliary raised funds through membership fees, bridge parties, raffles, a Gift Cart, and teas at graduation, hospital days, and holidays. In return, the Auxiliary donated furniture and supplies to the hospital; donated subscriptions, flowers and drapes to the nurses' home; placed Christmas trees and flowers in the wards at Christmas; and placed handmade favours on patients' trays at Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving. The Auxiliary awarded an annual prize in Obstetrical Nursing to a graduate of the School of Nursing. The Women's Auxiliary of the Regina General Hospital disbanded in 1969.

Historique de la conservation

Portée et contenu

Fonds consists of Auxiliary Minute Books for the years 1929 to 1940. Entries record the names of the Executive, including addresses and phone numbers; Auxiliary members present at meetings; and activities (fund raising, donations, events). Fonds also includes a (photocopy) of a cook book published by the Women's Auxiliary.

Zone des notes

État de conservation

Source immédiate d'acquisition

Classement

Langue des documents

Écriture des documents

Localisation des originaux

Disponibilité d'autres formats

Restrictions d'accès

There are no restrictions

Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication

Instruments de recherche

No other finding aids available

Éléments associés

Related material: For the constitution and bylaws of the Women's Auxiliary, see the Regina General Hospital fonds. For a biography of the first president of the Women's Auxiliary, Elizabeth Jane Van Valkenburg (nee Chalmers), see the Regina General Hospital School of Nursing fonds.

Éléments associés

Accroissements

No further accruals are expected

Désignations alpha-numériques

Accession 1999.24; Box 159

Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

Zone du numéro normalisé

Numéro normalisé

Mots-clés

Mots-clés - Sujets

Mots-clés - Lieux

Mots-clés - Noms

Mots-clés - Genre

Zone du contrôle

Zone des entrées

Sujets associés

Personnes et organismes associés

Lieux associés

Genres associés