Showing 157 results

Archival description
Jackson, Howard
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

148 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

A. C. Steward Q.C., M.P., turning the first sod for the New Federal Building

A. C. Stewart Q. C., M. P., turning the first sod for the New Federal Building, December 6, 1952. Left; Otto Fietz, Kent Matheson, H. M. Bailey- City Engineer, Dr. M. C. Novak-Alderman, Dr. C. J. Houston - M. H. O., W. H. Morrison-Alderman, Mayor C. G. Langrill, A. C. Stewart Q. C., M.P., A. L. McBurney- Alderman, S. Surjik, Ken. Mayhew - Enterprise, Hugh McKenzie - Alderman, H. H. Jackson - City Clerk, W. Johnston - Alderman, F. Steele - Alderman. A. C. Steward Q.C., M.P., turning the first sod for the New Federal Building

A full turn out of the Yorkton Fire Brigade

A full turn out of the Yorkton Fire Brigade in 1908. In the lead is the chemical truck on which the chief always rode with the driver, next is the fire engine, then two hose reels, each hauled by two men and lastly the ladder truck.

Broadway and First Ave.

Broadway and First Ave., about 1909. Taken from a window in the lake of the Woods elevator. The C. P. R. wind mill, water tank and round house n the foreground.

Broadway, south side

View of the south side of Broadway Avenue in Yorkton with a horse-drawn sleigh in front of many businesses. The Balmoral Hotel came through to Broadway. A branch of the Bank of British North America opened in the angular building at the right center in 1903. The Anglican Church built in 1898, is seen at the end of the street.

By-Law no. 1. of the town of Yorkton

Copy of Bylaw no.1 of the Town of Yorkton after incorporation in 1900. The appointment of a liquor inspector must have been considered highly important to head the list of bylaws to be passed. The duties and remuneration for the inspector as outlined are notable.

Canadian Pacific Railway

The Canadian Pacific Railway yards as they appeared in 1910. Great development had taken place in the preceding twenty years, since the first train left Yorkton in 1891. In the picture above, left center, it will be noted that in 1910 the fair grounds were on the present site of Jubilee park, the live stock building and large tents are seen. On the right is Livingstone Street.

Results 1 to 15 of 157