University Hospital - Construction
View of the start of construction of the University Hospital. Included are boulders and a storage shed. Thorvaldson Building in the background.
Bio/historical note: Designed by Webster and Gilbert, architects, and built between 1948 and 1955 by Smith Bros. and Wilson, contractors, at a cost of $7,000,000.00, the 6-storey, 7-wing University Hospital was officially opened by Bentley, T.J., Saskatchewan Minister of Health on May 1955.The name was officially changed to Royal University Hospital 23 May 1990.