Showing 19 results

Names
Saskatoon (Sask.)

Oliver Lodge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0307
  • Corporate body
  • ca.1963–

Oliver Lodge opened its new building in 1962 and became an incorporated body in 1963.

Saskatoon Balmoral Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0328
  • Corporate body
  • 195?–2004

Saskatoon Balmoral Pastoral Charge was formed in the mid-1950s, part of Saskatoon Presbytery and consisting of Balmoral United Church. The charge officially closed on June 30, 2004.

Saskatoon Bethel Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0329
  • Corporate body
  • 19??–2011

Saskatoon Bethel Pastoral Charge was formed between 1925 and 1940, part of Saskatoon Presbytery. The original Bethel United Church was built at 905 - 5th Street in 1927, as Clarence Avenue Mission, then was renamed Bethel United Church, in 1929. As of 1940, it was listed as an aid-receiving charge, with a student minister and additional preaching points at Blackley and Floral. By 1951, it was listed as Saskatoon Bethel-Floral Pastoral Charge but it returned to the name Bethel Pastoral Charge by 1958. The charge closed June 30, 2011.

Saskatoon Grace Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0398
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–1968

Saskatoon Grace Pastoral Charge was formed 1925, as part of Saskatoon Presbytery and containing preaching points at Grace United Church. Around 1968, Grace United amalgamated with Westminster United Church, to form Grace-Westminster United Church (and Pastoral Charge), in Saskatoon.

Saskatoon Grace-Westminster Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0330
  • Corporate body
  • 1968–

Grace-Westminster Pastoral Charge was formed ca.1968, after the merger of Grace and Westminster United Churches, to form Grace-Westminster United Church, in Saskatoon.

Saskatoon Grosvenor Park Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0331
  • Corporate body
  • 195?–

Saskatoon Grosvenor Park Pastoral Charge was formed in the mid-1950s, part of Saskatoon Presbytery and consisting of Grosvenor Park United Church. The congregation had formed around 1954.

Saskatoon Knox Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0332
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–

Saskatoon Knox Pastoral Charge was formed as as a new United Church charge in 1925, under Saskatoon Presbytery.

Saskatoon Mayfair Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0333
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–

Saskatoon Mayfair Pastoral Charge was formed as as a new United Church charge in 1925, under Saskatoon Presbytery.

Saskatoon McClure Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0334
  • Corporate body
  • ca.1967–

Saskatoon McClure Pastoral Charge was formed as as a new United Church charge around 1967, under Saskatoon Presbytery.

Saskatoon Second Street Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0335
  • Corporate body
  • 19??–2006

Saskatoon Second Street Pastoral Charge was formed sometime between 1925 and 1940, primarily consisting of the Second Street United Church, in Saskatoon. As of 1940, it was listed as an aid-receiving charge, with a student minister and additional preaching point at Langham. By 1951, Second Street was part of Sutherland Pastoral Charge, alongside points at Sutherland and Cory. In the mid-1950s, Second Street Pastoral Charge was re-established.

In later years, the charge also served other preaching points, including Moose Woods Mission. Second Street Pastoral Charge officially closed June 30, 2006.

Saskatoon St. David's-Trinity Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0336
  • Corporate body
  • 195?–

Saskatoon St. David's Pastoral Charge was formed between 1925 and 1951, as part of Saskatoon Presbytery. By the mid-1950s, the name had changed to St. David's-Cory Pastoral Charge and, as of 1962, it included preaching points at St. David's, Trinity, and St. Andrew's-Corey. Around 1967, the name returned to St. David's Pastoral Charge and it contained only St. David's and Trinity. Sometime between 1970 and 1984, the name was changed to St. David's-Trinity Pastoral Charge. On July 1, 2008, the two churches amalgamated, at the Trinity location, under the name St. David's-Trinity United Church.

Saskatoon St. Martin's Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0337
  • Corporate body
  • 195?–

Saskatoon St. Martin's Pastoral Charge was formed in the mid-1950s, part of Saskatoon Presbytery and consisting of St. Martin's United Church.

Saskatoon St. Paul's Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0400
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–

Sutherland Pastoral Charge was formed 1925, as part of Saskatoon Presbytery and containing preaching points at St. Paul's United Church, in Sutherland, and Floral. Prior to union, St. Paul's had been a Presbyterian Church (built ca.1910), whose congregations had joined with local Methodists in the 1920s, after their church closed. After a fire, in 1943, the congregation worshipped for 3 years at Sutherland School (across the street), until the church was rebuilt. By 1951, the charge included Second Street United (Saskatoon) and Cory. Second Street returned to a separate charge ca.1955. In 1956, Sutherland became part of Saskatoon and around the same time the charge was renamed Saskatoon St. Paul's Pastoral Charge.

Results 1 to 15 of 19