Showing 12142 results

Names

128th Infantry Battalion

  • SCAA-MJPL-0001
  • Corporate body
  • 1916-

The 128th Battalion, sometimes referred to as the Moose Jaw Battalion or the Bull Moose, was made up of men from Moose Jaw and the surrounding areas. Lieutenant-Colonel F. Pawlett was their commander. On August 10, 1916 the battalion left Camp Hughes to begin their journey to England. In March 1917, the battalion was split up to supply reinforcements for other battalions fighting in France. Over 800 men of the original battalion became causalities of the war.

14th Canadian Hussars

  • SCAA-SCM-0046
  • Corporate body
  • 1940-

The Regiment was designated the 14th Canadian Hussars on August 1,1940. The regiment was mobilized on January 26, 1941 and converted to an armoured regiment with a re-designation to the 8th (Reserve) Reconnaissance Battalion (14th Canadian Hussars) in April of that year. On May 19, 1958 the regiment reverted to the 14th Canadian Hussars before being disbanded on March 1, 1965 and placed on the Supplementary Order of Battle.

16th/22nd Saskatchewan Horse

  • SCAA-SCM-0002
  • Corporate body
  • 1936-1946

On 15 December 1936, the 16th Canadian Light Horse was amalgamated with The Saskatchewan Mounted Rifles and re-designated the 16th/22nd Saskatchewan Horse. It was re-designated 16th/22nd Saskatchewan Horse (Reserve) on 7 November 1940. On 1 April 1941, the regiment was converted to infantry and re-designated the 2nd (Reserve) Battalion, 16th/22nd Saskatchewan Horse. It was re-designated 2nd (Reserve) Battalion, The Battleford Light Infantry (16th/22nd Saskatchewan Horse) on 1 May 1941; and The Battleford Light Infantry (16th/22nd Saskatchewan Horse) (Reserve) on 15 September 1944. On 1 April 1946 it amalgamated with the 2nd (Reserve) Battalion, The Prince Albert Volunteers and re-designated as The Prince Albert and Battleford Volunteers.

17th Field Regiment Royal Canadian Artillery

  • Corporate body

The 17th Field Regiment included the 76th Field Battery from Indian Head and the 60th Field Battery from Aneroid which were combined into the 60th/76th Field Battery

1856 Moose Jaw Schools Cadet Corps

  • Corporate body
  • 1942-

The 1856 Moose Jaw Schools Cadet Corps fonds was founded on January 9, 1942. They were first affiliated with the second regiment of the King’s Rifles of Canada, and then in 1943 the second battalion of the King’s Rifles of Canada. In 1955, they became affiliated with the 20th Saskatchewan Armoured Regiment, and the Saskatchewan Dragoons. Their first commanding officer was Don Cameron.

They meet at the D.V. Currie VC Armoury in Moose Jaw. Their current commanding officer has been C/CWO R Jones since 2011.

Results 1 to 15 of 12142