Showing 1 results

Smeaton (Sask.) Hospitals√

Smeaton Hospital

  • SCAA-UCCS-0161
  • Corporate body
  • ca.1933–1951

The first Smeaton Hospital was built ca.1933, by the United Church Woman's Missionary Society (W.M.S.). It opened with 10 beds and was described as a frame two-story building, 32'x40' with a full basement. Furniture and equipment was provided from various sources, including the Battleford School Home. In 1951, after the opening of the new Smeaton Union Hospital, the W.M.S. Hospital was closed and converted into a United Church.

Hospital personnel, over the years, included: Miss Mary Clark, sent by the W.M.S. (1949-?).