Showing 28 results

Names
Presbyterian Church√

Cooperating Committee of Saskatchewan

  • SCAA-UCCS-0075
  • Corporate body
  • 1911–1925

The Cooperating committee of Saskatchewan was formed when representatives of the Presbyterian and Methodist Churches met at Regina, May 2, 1911, in order to facilitate cooperative activity in various localities in Saskatchewan. The formation of this Committee paralleled a similar action taken at the national level by the Presbyterian, Methodist and Congregational Churches. After mid-1923, this committee was called the Provincial Committee on Co-operation.

Joint Committee on Church Union

  • SCAA-UCCS-0081
  • Corporate body
  • ca.1903–1925

The Joint Committee officially convened in April 1904, in Toronto, bringing together appointed representatives from the Congregationalist, Methodist and Presbyterian Churches, to negotiate church union. Meetings continued through to 1908, when the terms written in the Basis of Union were agreed upon and sent to the negotiating churches, for discussion and approval. By 1912, both the Congregationalists and the Methodists had agreed to the terms. The decision was more contentious for the Presbyterian Church, though in 1916, their General Assembly decided to go ahead with the union.
Between 1916 and 1925, the Joint Committee worked to complete the union and defeat those opposing it, including the newly formed Presbyterian Church Association.

Moose Jaw College

  • SCAA-UCCS-0306
  • Corporate body
  • 1912–1931

Moose Jaw College was initially established (by the Presbyterian Synod of Saskatchewan) as a residential college for young men. The cost of the buildings was raised by public subscription and the site officially opened in September 1913, on a 45-acre site near River Park, in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. From 1925 until the early 1930s (when it closed), the principal was Rev. Angus A. Graham.

Results 1 to 15 of 28