Fonds FL 23 - Arcola, Kisbey, Lampman Pastoral Charges fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Arcola, Kisbey, Lampman Pastoral Charges fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

FL 23

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1895–2007 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1.8 metres (approx.) of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1925–2008)

Administrative history

Arcola Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, part of Arcola Presbytery and containing preaching points at Arcola, South Arcola, Wordsworth, Wilmar. The Willmar point closed November 23, 1995. The charge amalgamated with Kisby-Lampman, July 1, 2008, to form the new Arcola-Kisby Pastoral Charge.

Name of creator

(2008–)

Administrative history

Arcola-Kisbey Pastoral Charge was formed July 1, 2008, from an amalgamation of Arcola Pastoral Charge and Kisbey-Lampman Pastoral Charge.

Name of creator

(1925–ca.1969?)

Administrative history

Kisbey Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, part of Arcola Presbytery and with appointments at Kisbey, Percy, Warmley, and Maitland. By 1951, the charge consisted of Kisbey, Percy, Morrisview, Warmley and Coteau (noted as closed). Lampman joined Kisbey Pastoral Charge, ca.1969, and the charge was eventually re-named Kisbey-Lampman Pastoral Charge.

Name of creator

(ca.1969?–2008)

Administrative history

Kisbey-Lampman Pastoral Charge was formed by a combination of appointments, previously in other charges. Lampman closed February 28, 2008, and the remaining charge amalgamated with Arcola to form Arcola-Kisbey Pastoral Charge, July 1, 2008.

Name of creator

(1925–ca.1966)

Administrative history

Lampman Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, as part of Arcola Presbytery, with appointments at Lampman, Wierhill, and Morrisview. By 1951, the charge was served by a summer supply minister and consisted of Lampman, Browning and Kingsford. The charge closed ca.1966 and Lampman joined Macoun Pastoral Charge (itself formed ca.1963, with Halbrite and Midale points). Around 1969, Lampman became part of Kisbey Pastoral Charge.

Custodial history

Original provenance for many of the records in the fonds is unclear. Initial items were transferred to the archives between 1925 and 1986. Additions (under XV.SA and XV.SC) were received by Saskatchewan Conference in multiple batches, likely between 1992 and 2009.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of textual materials generated by Arcola Pastoral Charge, Kisbey Pastoral Charge, Arcola-Kisbey Pastoral Charge, Lampman Pastoral Charge, Kisbey-Lampman Pastoral Charge and many of their constituent churches – their boards, committees and related bodies, local women’s units and other groups.

Contents include: minutes of church boards, managers, sessions, stewards, congregational, trustee and committee meetings; some Hi-C, Mission Band and Sunday School records; minutes and financial records from some of the local Ladies Aid Society, Women’s Missionary Society (W.M.S.), Woman’s Association (W.A.) and United Church Women (U.C.W.) groups; guest books; communion rolls and membership records; and registers documenting baptisms, marriages and burials at Arcola, Willmar, South Arcola, Browning School, Wierhill School, Lampman, Kisbey, Maitland, Warmley, Morrisview, Percy, Wordsworth, Coteau, Kingsford, and related locations.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Original order for many of these records is unclear. Items under XV.A and B were arranged and listed as local church records sometime before 1990, with the XV.SA groups added between 1998 and 2004, and the XV.SC groups added in 2005 and 2009. The fonds was created in 2021, based on historical relationships between the congregations involved and the records previously listed.

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

  • Latin

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Some records are restricted, to protect personal information.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Use, publication, and/or reproduction of records are subject to the conditions of the Copyright Act. Church registers may not be photographed, scanned or otherwise copied without written permission from the Regional Council. Please consult archivist for assistance.

Finding aids

GS-168 includes original file listings.

Associated materials

Accruals

Further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Name access points

Control area

Accession area