Armed Forces√

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Armed Forces√

Equivalent terms

Armed Forces√

Associated terms

Armed Forces√

74 Archival description results for Armed Forces√

74 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

128th Battalion fonds

  • MJ-138
  • Fonds
  • 1916, 1922

This fonds consists of mementos of the 128th Battalion. It includes a programme of their performed music, a Christmas card, menus from their travels and a reunion programme.

128th Infantry Battalion

196th Western Universities Battalion

Soldiers in line formation in an open field at Camp Hughes, Manitoba, marching past Brigadier General J. Hughes and other officers as they salute. "B" Company, made up of University of Saskatchewan volunteers, would form the second line under the command of Major J.P. Oliver (Engineering), C.J. Mackenzie being a platoon commander.

Canadian Officers' Training Corps - Band - Group Photo

Captain Ross Brown, bandmaster, with COTC band, posing with their instruments at Saskatoon Armouries.

Bio/Historical Note: James Clinkskill owned a large white frame house with a large, two-story veranda overlooking the South Saskatchewan River from 1904 to 1911. The house was located at 152 Spadina Crescent East. In 1911, the Armouries were constructed and a Sergeant’s Mess was built in 1912. The Clinkskill house was used as the Officers’ Mess and as the home of the Armouries caretaker. The United Services Institute, whose members were former members of the Canadian Armed Forces, was located in the former Clinkskill house and hosted many social events. In 1922 a barn was moved into Saskatoon and used as a drill hall. When the Hugh Cairns VC armouries were built in 1960, the Saskatoon Armouries were sold to Harry Landa for $2000 and removed. The former Clinkskill house was demolished in 1960.

Results 1 to 15 of 74