Title and statement of responsibility area
Fort Qu'Appelle Pastoral Charge fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
30 cm (approx.) of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Fort Qu'Appelle Pastoral Charge was formed as a United Church charge in 1925, part of Abernethy Presbytery and consisting of preaching points at Fort Qu'Appelle (St. Andrew's United Church), Springbok and Sanitarium. As of 1932, the charge included Wideawake and was (briefly) listed as Fort Qu'Appelle - Sanitorium Pastoral Charge. As of 1936, preaching appointments had shifted to consist of Fort Qu'Appelle, Hughesvale, Fort San and Wide Awake. Lipton was added in the late 1940s and, by 1951, the charge was made up of Fort Qu'Appelle, Fort San and Springvale appointments. As of 1962, only Fort Qu'Appelle and Lipton were listed as part of the charge.
Original provenance for many of the records in the fonds is unclear. Initial items were transferred to the archives between 1925 and 1986. Additional records were received by Saskatchewan Conference archives around 1998.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of textual materials generated by Fort Qu'Appelle Pastoral Charge and constituent churches – their boards, committees and related bodies, local women’s units and other groups.
Contents include: minutes of Official Board, Ladies Aid Society and U.C.W. meetings; membership rolls; baptism, marriage and burial registers. St. Andrew’s Presbyterian/United Church (Fort Qu'Appelle), Balcarres, Indian Head, Pheasant Plains, Wide Awake, and Lipton are among the congregations and communities identified.
Immediate source of acquisition
Original order for many of these records is unclear. Items listed under A.381.XV.A and A.381.XV.B were arranged sometime before 1990 and XV.SA were added around 1998. The fonds was created in 2021, to include records previously listed and any new accruals.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some records are restricted, to protect personal information.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Use, publication, and/or reproduction of records are subject to the conditions of the Copyright Act. Church registers may not be photographed, scanned or otherwise copied without written permission from the Regional Council. Please consult archivist for assistance.
GS-168 includes original file listings.
Uploaded finding aid
Further accruals are expected.
Textual records: A.381.XV.A.1298 to A.1302, A.7210 to A.7212; A.785.XV.SA.275 to SA.280