Showing 10 results

Archival description
University of Saskatchewan - Thorvaldson Building√
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

7 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Campus - Aerial Layout

View of the Bowl with Arts Building, Murray Memorial (Main) Library, Thorvaldson Building, Biology Building, Physics Building, Administration Building, Saskatchewan Hall, Qu'Appelle Hall, Physical Education Building, and other campus buildings visible.

Thorvaldson Building - Aerial View

New addition to the Thorvaldson (Chemistry) Building.

Bio/Historical Note: The Chemistry Building was enlarged with an addition and was renamed in honour of Dr. Thorbergur Thorvaldson, professor and dean of Chemistry from 1919-1959. The Thorvaldson Building opened on 6 June 1966. Architect John B. Parkin’s modern design continued with exterior stone cladding. The near windowless, stone three-storey addition provided classrooms, undergraduate and research laboratories, offices, a library and service facilities.

Thorvaldson Building - Construction

Aerial view of foundations of Thorvaldson Addition being laid.

Bio/Historical Note: The Chemistry Building was enlarged with an addition and was renamed in honour of Dr. Thorbergur Thorvaldson, professor and dean of Chemistry from 1919-1959. The Thorvaldson Building opened on 6 June 1966. Architect John B. Parkin’s modern design continued with exterior stone cladding. The near windowless, stone three-storey addition provided classrooms, undergraduate and research laboratories, offices, a library and service facilities.