Title and statement of responsibility area
Lumsden Pastoral Charge fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
95 cm (approx.) of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Lumsden Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, part of Regina Presbytery and consisting of preaching points at Lumsden (St. Andrew's), Forest and Wascana. Predecessors included Forest Rural [Presbyterian] Church (from ca.1880s, in what was then Carssdale, SK), Lumsden St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church (ca.1890s?), Wascana Rural [Methodist] Church (ca.1888), and Lumsden Wesley Methodist Church (ca.1897). The congregation at Forest amalgamated with Lumsden in 1957 and Wascana Rural closed in 1961, with some of that congregation also joining Lumsden. Around 1970, Craven was added to the Pastoral Charge, though this church eventually closed, December 31, 1991. The Pastoral Charge remained (consisting of St. Andrew's United Church) through the 1990s and moved from Regina Presbytery to the new Wascana Presbyery, in 2000. As of 2019, the charge became part of Living Skies Regional Council, along with other Saskatchewan charges remaining.
Original provenance for many of the records in the fonds is unclear. Initial items were transferred to the archives between 1925 and 1986. Further batches of records were added around 2006 and 2009.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of textual materials generated by Lumsden Pastoral Charge, as well as its predecessors and constituent churches – boards, committees and related bodies, local women’s units and other groups.
Contents include: minutes of official boards, Managers, Stewards, Session, congregational, committees, and Sunday School meetings; minutes and other records of local Ladies Aid Societies and auxiliaries, Women’s Missionary Societies (W.M.S.), Women’s Federations (W.F.), Woman’s Association (W.A.) and United Church Women (UC.W.) groups; various financial records, reports, histories and correspondence; Cradle Rolls, communion rolls and Circuit Registers; and registers of baptisms, marriages, and burials held at Wascana, Rose Plains, Tregarva, Boggy Creek, Cottonwood, Lumsden, and related locations.
Immediate source of acquisition
Original order for many of these records is unclear. Items under XV.A and XV.B were arranged and listed as local church records sometime before 1990 and the accruals (under XV.SC) were added in 2006 and 2009. The fonds was created in 2023, based on historical relationships between the congregations involved and the records previously listed.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some records are restricted, to protect personal information.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Use, publication, and/or reproduction of records are subject to the conditions of the Copyright Act. Church registers may not be photographed, scanned or otherwise copied without written permission from the Regional Council. Please consult archivist for assistance.
GS-168 includes original file listings.
Uploaded finding aid
A.381.XV.A.1194 to A.1209, A.1967 to A.1983, A.4304 to A.4316, A.5908 to A.5926; A.381.XV.B.110, B.111, B.276; A.1084.XV.SC.1022 to SC.1024; A.1094.XV.SC.1656