Title and statement of responsibility area
Starr's Point Temperance Society fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Starr's Point Temperance Society
Physical description area
0.50 cm of textual records.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Starr's Point Temperance Society was based in the Starr Point School District #357, and the R.M. of South Qu'Appelle No. 157. In May 1896 president of the society, Mr. Bray reported 37 names in the pledge book. Regular monthly meetings were held at which time "the pledge" was circulated. The pledge was a promise to abstain from the use of all intoxicating liquors and tobacco. The programme of each meeting consisted of hymn singing, readings, recitations, debates, and sometimes guest speakers. Occasionally special concerts were held.
Scope and content
This fonds consists of a minute book of eleven consecutive monthly meetings from June 11, 1896 to April 22, 1897. A few pages contain handwritten poems. There are some notes pertaining to livestock inventory and sales.
Immediate source of acquisition
Accession number 35.BA donated to the archives by Mary Stronach.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Finding aids and file list available.
Uploaded finding aid
No further accruals expected.
This fonds was re boxed and foldered in 2004.